Monday, July 9, 2012

Knitted bolero, just in time for the heat wave.



I made a little bolero sweater for my friend Liz a while ago as part of a goods barter we struck.  Her's was done in all grey, and it was soft and beautiful and I fell in love with it.

So I made myself one with some extra yarn I had lying around.  The cuffs are in the same grey I used for Liz's sweater.  I'm a sucker for loud and sunny colors, so the body is a sunny yellowy orange.

Sometimes I knit to keep my hands busy when I'm nervous.  I'm an ex-smoker with fidgety tendencies. A couple of weeks ago, I did an improv show with a bunch of hilarious people, and I pulled out this almost finished sweater and began knitting furiously in the dressing room.  David Cross looked at me in amusement and said, "'Tis the season."  (Ooh....did you hear that thud?  That was the name I just dropped.  Pardon me.)  Anyway, I know it's ridiculous to knit during a heat wave, but I can't help it.  I'm addicted to it.  It soothes me.

Later in the evening, I went on stage and proceeded to mime anally penetrating a tv star with a dildo.  But that's a whole other story.

No comments:

Post a Comment