Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Felted Squid Kid!




This is probably my most very favorite thing to knit.  It has everything I love:  It's quick (I can generally bang one out in an afternoon), it's FELTED, and it's a slightly unusual animal.

I've probably made half a dozen of these felted squid in various colors and color combinations as gifts for various friends and kids and babies.

The one pictured above was made especially for a little man in Chicago named Gus.  I always imagine the amigurumis that I make to be tiny little gentlemen of various species.  I don't know why.  Maybe because I enjoy called every object "this guy."  I guess it's pretty sexist of me.

So, I'd assumed this little tie-dyed squid was a gentleman of the sea.  However, when Gus's dad sent me a photo of Gus enjoying time with his new squid friend, I was informed that the little squid is indeed a SHE, named Gracie (awwww....this makes me puff up with pride).




It looks like true love to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment